Web simulation solution from MAS Consulting
Web simulation exemplified through the Sparos case related to aquaculture.
FeedNetics Web Simulation Model
MAS Consulting supports the entire migration process
The project Feednetics included development of an informative application to improve cost-benefit of feeding in farmed fish, with the objective to optimize feeding strategies in fish reared in aquaculture.
“The flexibility of the Powersim Studio Models, developed by our internal team, plus the robustness of the Web Application developed by MAS Consulting. This is the best solution that we could ever give to our clients. Thanks to MAS, users are now able to simulate in their own environment, which they can access with a User Id and Password. MAS has been able to quickly develop the Web Application based on our requests and their competences in the use of Powersim Studio software has been a great advantage for all of us.
In addition, they did not only do a good job in term of functionality, but they also made our solution look nice and sexy. A great result, which is already bringing a lot of benefits”
Luis Conceicao, Director of R&D projects, SPAROS
View the Feednetics video.
- Multi-user application
- Smart-phone and tablet advance reporting
- Sim Cloud: All data is stored in the server and is always available to the users
- 360° support for the entire migration process, from stand-alone solution to web solution
- Fast web porting: 2 weeks' time and the web simulation is available on-line
- Deployment of revised models is fast and secure
The entire project was split into two phases
Phase 1) Simulation Model Development
- The model was developed by the Sparos Research Team, using Powersim Studio 10 Premium
- The team was mainly focused on the definition of input, output and calculation logic
- The model includes elements like fish feeding, nutrition in aquaculture, fish research experiments, feeds and additives, efficacy of ingredients
- User interfaces were partially designed in this stand-alone version
Phase 2) Web Simulation for the Powersim Studio model:
- The web application is developed by MAS Consulting, using OttiMAS and Powersim Studio 10 Developer Suite
- The MAS team customized its Web Simulation Framework in order to satisfy the model needs
- The MAS development team worked on:
- Integration of the model on the server
- Customization of user interface to manage input of the model in the web environment
- The final result was the web application that enables end users to make what-if analyses and optimizations and perform runs of the Powersim model
- The web application was created using
- Sudio 10 OttiMAS
- Studio 10 SDK and Studio 10 Simulation Engine Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
The client, SPAROS is a spin-off company from the Centre of Marine Sciences of Algarve (CCMAR)/University of Algarve, devoted to innovation in the development of new products and processes for fish feeding and nutrition.